Pay a visit to Riel House National Historic Site where epic stories of the life of Louis Riel,...
Canada's Coolest School Trip... it's here!
Launching this Fall, My Parks Pass is excited to bring you Canada’s Coolest School Trip with Brewster Travel Canada, Banff Lake Louise Tourism and Air Canada! Re-create a significant Canadian moment related to a national park, national historic site or national marine conservation area and submit your video on the My Parks Pass website. You could win 4 days of fun in Banff National Park… for your whole class!
Not sure where to start? Use one of the suggested video topics or choose from any of the 213 Parks Canada-managed national parks, national historic sites and national marine conservation areas. Add a short written explanation of why the moment you chose is significant for even more impact.
Suggested Video Topics
- Discover the hot springs at Banff National Park
- Recreate the moments leading up to Confederation at Sir George-Etienne Cartier National Historic Site
- Relive the sinking of the W. L. Wetmore at Fathom Five National Marine Conservation Area
- Explore the history of the West Coast fishing industry (Gulf of Georgia Cannery)
- Rescue the Athabaskan crew as a member of the HMCS Haida during World War II
- Join the Yukon gold rush at Dawson Historical Complex
- Recreate the 1995 Weber-Malakhov polar expedition using only human resources (Auyuittuq National Park)
- Examine the legends of haunted valleys in Nahanni National Park Reserve
- Help Simon Fraser establish Fort St. James as a Hudson’s Bay Company post
- Establish Canadian law in the West with the Northwest Mounted Police at Fort Walsh
- Re-enact epic stories from the life of Louis Riel (Riel House National Historic Site)
- Show how the Lachine Canal helped make Montreal the cradle of the Canadian manufacturing industry.
- Discover Canada’s rich immigrant history at Grosse Île and the Irish Memorial
- Build the Carleton Martello Tower during the War of 1812
- Develop the HD-4 hydrofoil craft with Alexander Graham Bell
- Decipher the petroglyphs of Kejimkujik National Park
- Sit down with Lucy Maude Montgomery at Green Gables as she writes her classic stories
- See how Basque country whalers made their living at Red Bay, harvesting and producing whale oil for export to Europe
- Explore the geology of Canada with a walk on the Tablelands at Gros Morne National Park
- Defend the borders of Upper Canada during the War of 1812 at Fort George
- Explore the mighty Athabasca Glacier at the Columbia Icefield in Jasper National Park
- Relive the last naval battle between France and England for possession of the North American continent with the Battle of the Restigouche
- Get up, up and away with ‘cosmic rays’ at the Sulphur Mountain Cosmic Ray Station in Banff
- Make connections from the sea floor to the mountain tops of Gwaii Hanas
- Hop aboard a British gunboat from the War of 1812 at St. Lawrence Islands National Park
Remember that your video must be an original creation presented in at least one of Canada’s official languages. Full contest details are posted now, so start your class entry by picking a theme and getting the creative ideas going. This is as cool as it gets!