Grasslands National Park is a land of rolling hills, rugged coulees, and steep ravines. The West...
Discover Your Parks contest
Official Contest Rules & Regulations
Contest dates: January 11 to May 27, 2016
THE CONTEST PERIOD
1. The Discover Your Parks contest (the “Contest”) is run by Parks Canada (the “Contest Administrator”) in conjunction with the My Parks Pass program partners, the Canadian Wildlife Federation, The Royal Canadian Geographical Society, Nature Canada and Historica Canada. Contest entries will be accepted online from January 11, 2016 at 12:00:01 PM (Eastern Time) to May 27, 2016 at 11:59:59 AM (Eastern Time) (the “Contest Period”).
CONTEST GROUP ENTITIES
2. For the purposes of the Contest, the Contest Group Entities are: Parks Canada at 30 Victoria St (PC-02-E), Gatineau, Quebec, J8X 0B3; and the Canadian Wildlife Federation at 350 Michael Cowpland Drive, Kanata, ON, K2M 2W1; together with their affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of materials and services related to the Contest, the contest website www.myparkspass.ca / www.monpasseportparcs.ca and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Group Entities”). The Contest Group Entities will collectively act as the contest judges.
3. The Contest is open to all Grade 8 and Secondary 2 students who have received a My Parks Pass, and who are residing in Canada at the time of contest entry and the prize draws. For greater clarity, anyone residing outside of Canada during the contest entry and draw periods, or who is not a Grade 8 or Secondary 2 student in Canada at the time of receiving their My Parks Pass is not eligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER
4. The Discover Your Parks contest may be entered online only, by completing the online entry form in full at www.myparkspass.ca / www.monpasseportparcs.ca within the contest entry period. Contest entries received by mail will not be accepted.
The online entry form must be completed with the student’s full legal name, the name of his/her school, city, province, a parent or legal guardian’s email address (optional), and the unique VIP Code found on the back of their My Parks Pass. An entrant who is below the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence must have the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian to submit his/her personal information in order to enter the contest. If a parent or legal guardian does not provide consent, the entrant will be disqualified.
There is a limit of one contest entry per eligible student. Each unique VIP Code can only be used for one entry. Duplicate entries, multiple entries using the same VIP Code, incomplete entries, and entries with falsified information will be disqualified. The decision to disqualify any entry is at the sole discretion of the Contest Judges, and will occur without notice or communication to the entrant. The disqualification decision is final and not subject to review.
Only one (1) email address may be used by any student who enters the Contest. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized holder of the email address at the time of entry. For these purposes, the “authorized holder” is the natural person who is assigned to the submitted email address by an Internet access or online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
All entries must be received no later than May 27, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM (Eastern Time). Late entries will be disqualified. There is no fee to enter this contest, and no purchase is necessary.
THE PRIZE DRAWS
5. Twenty-three (23) random prize draws made up from all the eligible entries received by the contest deadline will take place on Monday, May 30, 2016 at 2:00 PM (Eastern Time) at the offices of the Canadian Wildlife Federation at 350 Michael Cowpland Drive, Kanata, ON, K2M 2W1. The first three (3) entrants drawn will win an iPad mini 4 and next twenty (20) entrants drawn will win an iTunes gift card. A selected entrant may only win one prize.
6. There will be three (3) first prizes and twenty (20) second prizes awarded. The prizes are:
First prizes – iPad mini 4:
There are three (3) iPad mini 4s for three (3) separate entrants, with a retail value of approximately $500 CAD each.
Second prizes – iTunes Gift Cards:
There are twenty (20) iTunes gift cards for twenty (20) separate entrants, with a retail value of $50 each.
The Contest Group Entities make no express or implied warranties of any kind with respect to the safety or performance of the contest prizes.
AWARDING THE PRIZES
7. Each selected entrant’s school will be contacted by phone by a representative of the Canadian Wildlife Federation on Monday, May 30, 2016. Each selected entrant must agree to accept the first prize or second prize as awarded and fulfill the requirements set out in Rule 8 below. The Prizes are not redeemable for cash or credit. If for any reason a selected entrant cannot be reached after two attempts, and does not respond within ten (10) business days of being contacted, or is unable to accept the prize as awarded, his/her entry will be declared null and void, and the Contest Group Entities / Contest Administrator reserve the right to select at random another eligible entry.
The Contest Group Entities will not be held responsible for the loss of prizes due to changes in mailing addresses, errors in completed Entry Forms or any other circumstances leading to an invalid, erroneous or incomplete mailing address or email address. Prizes will be delivered within 30 days of receiving the signed Release Forms.
TO BE DECLARED A WINNER
8. To be declared a winner of a contest prize (a “Winner”), a selected entrant must, in addition to meeting the Contest eligibility criteria and otherwise complying with the official Contest rules, first:
- Be reached by telephone by a Canadian Wildlife Federation representative and respond within the ten (10) business days of being contacted;
- Complete and sign the Sponsors’ form of Declaration and Release including the permission and signature of a parent or legal guardian, and return it to the Canadian Wildlife Federation, Att: Randy McLeod fax # 613-599-4428 or via email [email protected] no later than June 30, 2016;
- Skill-testing question: The selected entrant must correctly answer, un-aided by mechanical means, a mathematical skill-testing question on the form of Declaration & Release.
- Disqualification: If any one of the above mentioned conditions is not met, the selected entrant will be disqualified and shall not be entitled to receive any prizes. The Contest Administrator reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to verify the information on the contest entry form of any selected entrant, and if any information if deemed to be false, the Administrator reserves the right to disqualify that entrant and draw another eligible entrant as a potential prize winner. The decision of the Contest Administrator / Contest Judges is final and binding, without right of appeal.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
9. Verification of Entries: The validity of any Contest entry is subject to verification by the Contest Administrator. Any incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Any entrant or other individual who enters or attempts to enter the Contest in a manner which is contrary to these official Contest Rules or which is otherwise disruptive to the proper operation of the Contest or by its nature is unjust to other entrants or potential entrants will be rejected and that entrant or purported entrant will be disqualified. All decisions of the Contest judges, who may be employees or independent contractors of the Sponsors and Contest Administrator, with respect to any and all aspects of the Contest, including without limitation the eligibility or disqualification of entrants or entries, are final and binding without right of appeal.
10. The Odds: The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
11. This Contest is void where prohibited, and is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws.
12. Acceptance of Prizes: All Prizes must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be transferred to another individual, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for cash or credit. If for any reason a selected entrant cannot be reached through the contact information provided, or does not respond to the Contest Group Entities within ten (10) business days of being contacted, or if there is any reason a winner cannot accept the prize as awarded, his/her entry will be declared null and void, and another eligible entrant will be randomly drawn from among the remaining eligible entries.
13. Substitution of a Prize: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and for any reason whatsoever, to substitute a Prize or any part thereof, with an alternate prize of equivalent value.
14. Other Termination of Contest: The Contest Sponsors, Contest Group Entities and Administrator reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, in the event of any cause or circumstance, including without limitation any virus, computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the control of the Contest Group Entities / Administrator, that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Contest.
15. Release and Exclusion of Liability: By entering or attempting to enter the Contest, each entrant and/or purported entrant agrees: (i) to release, discharge, and forever hold harmless the Contest Group Entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and other representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, injuries, demands, manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, duties, accounts, bonds, covenants, warranties, indemnities, claims over, contracts and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Contest rules and acceptance and use of the First Prize or Second Prize or any portion thereof; and (ii) if selected as a potential Prize winner, to sign (along with the signature of a parent or legal guardian) the Sponsors’ form of Declaration and Release in this regard before receiving a prize.
The Releasees will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries or for any failure of the Contest website during the Contest Period, or for any technical malfunction or other problems with, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software or for any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing, and will not be liable for any resulting injury or damage to any person or property arising from, or relating to, that person’s or any other person’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. (iii) The winner must sign a release form, giving the Contest Group Entities permission to publish in print, broadcast or online, the winner’s name and likeness without remuneration.
16. Name/Image of Winners: By entering the Contest, the winner agrees to abide by the Contest rules and authorizes the Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies and their respective employees or other representatives to broadcast, publish and otherwise use his or her name, photograph, image, statements regarding the Contest or any prize, place of residence and (or) voice for publicity purposes, without any form of remuneration, including without limitation, on any website operated by or on behalf of the Contest Group Entities.
17. Communication with Entrants: No communication or correspondence will be entered into with any Contest entrants, other than with entrants selected in the prize draws.
18. Personal Information: The personal information gathered about contest entrants in connection with this Contest will be kept in a secure and confidential database, and will not be rented or sold. Personal information of the contest entrants will be used for the administration of this Contest, and may be shared with contest co-sponsors, excluding Parks Canada, for the purposes of this contest only. If you wish to opt-out after the registration process, please mail a written request, including your name, address and phone number to:
Canadian Wildlife Federation
350 Michael Cowpland Drive
Kanata, ON, K2M 2W1
Att: Randy McLeod
Subject: Discover Your Parks contest