The Louis S. St. Laurent National Historic Site is a living reminder of the life and work of the...
Welcome to the My Parks Pass Canada program website (the “My Parks Pass Site”). Nature Canada develops and maintains the My Parks Pass Site for the My Parks Pass Canada program partners, Parks Canada, Nature Canada and Historica Canada (the “Program Partners”). By using the My Parks Pass Site you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) and such other additional or alternative terms, conditions, rules and policies which are displayed or to which you may be directed in connection with use of the My Parks Pass Site. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the My Parks Pass Site.
2. User Conduct
As a user of the My Parks Pass Site, and in consideration for the availability and your use of the My Parks Pass Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Terms and Conditions when using the My Parks Pass Site. You agree not to:
- misrepresent your identity;
- post material intended to further commercial purposes;
- post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any materials, information or content constituting, advocating or encouraging conduct that would be harmful or could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- defame, abuse, stalk, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation, rights relating to privacy and publicity; and
- post, transmit, link to, or otherwise distribute any information, material (including for greater certainty, software) which becomes a virus, cancelbot, trojan horse, work or other harmful or disruptive component.
3. Ownership of Website Content
Nature Canada either owns or is a licensee of the Content contained on the My Parks Pass Site, including all images, photographs, audio, video, and text. Except as expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, alter, or modify the Content found on the My Parks Pass Site.
4. Use of Comment Features
The My Parks Pass Site provides various Comment Features that you may use in accordance with the Terms and Conditions that are provided herein. When posting any message upon the My Parks Pass Site, you agree not to:
- post messages that mention full names, or the name of a location or school in reference to an individual, or the contact information of any individual including their email address, phone number and home address, even if posted without explicit reference to the individual;
- post messages that include profanity, vulgarity or swearing;
- post messages that are in any way demeaning, or cruel or which attack any individual, whether or not a user of the My Parks Pass Site;
- post messages that comprise links to materials or content that does not pertain to the topic or them of the discussion; and
- post messages that are of a commercial nature.
You should be careful when using any comment feature. Nature Canada cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of any information that is posted by users upon the My Parks Pass Site.
Please note that the My Parks Pass Site is moderated, and Nature Canada reserves the right to refuse to post any message to the My Parks Pass Site, and may also, in its sole discretion, remove a message, or part of a message that had already been posted, if such message, or part of such message is in its sole discretion undesirable, unacceptable or in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Submissions to the My Parks Pass Site
The My Parks Pass Site may provide mechanisms by which materials may be uploaded by users. For any material that you upload to the My Parks Pass Site, you automatically grant the Program Partners the non-exclusive, unrestricted, royalty-free, perpetual right to use, reproduce, communicate, modify and display the materials (in whole or in part) for purposes related to the My Parks Pass Canada program without any fee or other form of compensation, and without further notification or permission.
6. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
General Disclaimer of Liability THE SERVICE AND CONTENT FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION HEREIN MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. THE OWNER OF THIS SITE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THIS SITE.
User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Nature Canada and its affiliates, licensors, content and service providers, participating publishers, authors, dealers, and suppliers harmless from any liability, loss, claim, and expense, including lawyer's fees and expenses, related to a User's violation of this Agreement or use of the Web site.
All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic files or at the site is disclaimed.
8. Links to Third Parties
There may be links on the My Parks Pass Site which take you to other websites, including advertisers and sponsors which are not under the control of Nature Canada (“Third Party Sites”). These links are provided only as a convenience, and Nature Canada does not endorse such Third Party Sites, or any offerings or content found upon such sites. Without limiting Section 6, you are solely responsible for your decision to visit such Third Party Sites, and Nature Canada is not liable in any way for the accuracy, relevancy or legality of material contained in such sites.
Some Third Party Sites may offer products or services available through that site. You acknowledge and agree that your correspondence or dealings with any third parties, including advertisers on the My Parks Pass Site, are solely as between you and such third parties. Nature Canada assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any costs incurred by you, or products purchases by you through such Third Party Sites. You agree that Nature Canada will not be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind as a result of, or in connection with, any such dealings or transactions.
10. My Parks Pass Termination
11. Governing Law
12. General Provisions